Hellloooo... 2 posts in one day! Whoohoo... I wasn't sure where this page was going to go when I started but I have to say I think this is one of my faves. The pictures do not do it justice, the lighting was all wrong when I took the pics so it looks all faded. Oh well. I used Dylusions inks, stamps, and sentiments. I also played with my new Ferro pastes. Love these!!! I plan on accumulating all the colors I can. :)
My background came together using the sprays thru the leaf stencil and also as a reverse mask with the remainder of the color. I built up the layers and then used both white and black charcoal pencils to accentuate the leaves that I wanted to pop. The girl is colored with Fabre Castell India ink markers, love these! The clock/bee is a Crafter's Workshop stencil with my new Ferro graphite paste! LOVE! And the florals are a Prima stencil I think, but I wanted to try to achieve a different texture so I mixed some Liquitex clear bead texture gel with some copper Ferro paste to add color. When it dried the Ferro gave it some opaqueness but the beads are still prominent in the texture. Loved how that turned out. :)
Hope you enjoy this page as much as I had fun making it. :) Not sure when my next posting will be since this time of year gets super busy with work but I am hoping to find some time in the next month to work on another page even if it is in segments here and there. :) Thanks so much for stopping in and taking a peak. Would love it if you leave me a note saying you popped in the say Hi! :)
Sunday, October 5, 2014
I'm alive! Yes, indeed I am. Feels like forever, well it has been, since I have posted anything on here. With that being said, I have managed to find a little bit of time to work on a couple of projects that I will be posting today. I joined a group on facebook called 'Dylusions facebook challenge' and for September the prompt was to use the colors pink and teal and leaves. I found this challenge to be a true challenge. Was not feeling inspired at all, even seeing all the wonderful entries throughout the month I couldn't find the spark I felt I needed. I worked on the page bit by bit until it came to be what it now is. Not 100% satisfied with it, but it was the best I could do. Sometimes the frame of mind just needs to be there and I guess mine wasn't at that moment.
I used Dylusions sprays Jaded green and Bubblegum pink. The leaves and the sentiment were from Dylusion stamp sets, however the flowers were a stencil and texture paste. The snowy effect towards the top of the page is from Golden Opaque flake paste. I spread it on using an old credit card.
Please leave me some love, would love to hear from you. :) See you on my next post! :)