Proudly Canadian

Proudly Canadian

Sunday, May 10, 2015

Let your soul and spirit fly!



Firstly, Happy Mother's Day to all the Mom's out there, whether you are a biological mom, a step-mom, an adoptive mom, or mom to a furry little one.  It's a day of pleasure and pain for me.  I'm a step-mom to 2 great kids, well adults who have children of their own, but I'm also at a loss of my own mom who passed on almost 15 yrs ago though it seems like only a short while ago sometimes.  So, my feelings are bitter sweet on Mother's Day.   So, this page is my tribute to my Mom this Mother's Day.


I started my page by prepping it with gesso.  Once dry, I sprayed some sprays on the page to marble them and create some runs.  I then did some ghosting with the stencil to create a lightening effect of the roses.  My Mom loved roses!  The image was very faint and not very detailed so I took the same stencil and went back over the images and used the blending tool and gesso so create a whitening effect.  I loved how it turned out.


Next, I used the new Tim Holtz distress ink and went once again back over the images and added some of the gorgeous coral color to the roses.


What to do with the leaves.  I wanted something shimmery and beautiful and something that would pop off of the page.


I colored in the leaves with the embossing pen and some Perfect Pearls in heirloom gold which has this beautiful green tone to it.  Love it!  I also took a background stamp and lightly and randomly stamped some background imagery with an archival storm grey I think it was.  I added a butterfly stamp to the center of the page.  The butterfly represents my beautiful Mom.  Death isn't the end, it's a metamorphosis of something new, reborn that is free in body, soul and mind.


The roses needed some outline and definition to them.  So I used the Glitter brush pens in both white and clear to create a clearer imagery of the flowers.  I also used the clear to add a bit of the shimmer to the coral color as well.  Soft and subtle and ties in with the shimmer of the leaves.


I wanted a bit more sparkle to the butterfly so I added some Clear Rock Candy stickles to the butterfly.  Once it dried, I did go around the butterfly with some white charcoal pencil just to lighten the backdrop a bit so the butterfly popped off the page a bit more.


I stamped the sentiment onto some cardstock and cut it out, then misted it with the pink Lyndi spray.  I inked around the edges with black archival ink.  Then I glued it down and used some charcoal pencil a bit more around the edges so it popped off the page.


I love you Mom!



  photo HSSignature-1.png

No comments:

Post a Comment