I used mostly Tim Holtz stuff for this tag... Sewing Room die, sewing edger, pumice stone distress stain, antique linen stain, frayed burlap, gathered twigs, brushed pewter, pine needles, evergreen bough, and aged mahogany, Crafter's workshop mini houndstooth stencil, distress ink antique linen, pumice stone, black soot, walnut stain, archival inks maroon, black, potting soil, Wendy Vecchi translucent embossing paste, liquid glass, bakers twine navy, tim holtz ribbon, twine, a grey fuzzy embroidery thread from my stash, Recollections rhinestones, stamp from TH Nature walk cling mounts, and a measure tape ribbon I had in my stash as well.
First I stained a tag with antique linen and pumice stone and misted with water to blend them together. While that was drying, I cut the sewing edger on some thin chipboard I had from some packaging left over. One side was a glossy white and this is the side I used to color so that the color wouldn't soak into the paper but move around and pool on the surface while it dried. :) The scissor was colored using brushed pewter stain and pumice stone. I blotted the silver on, dried, then added the pumice stone, dried and did another coat of pumice stone and dried. This gave a really cool moddled effect. I took archival ink black and edged the scissors with a small ink dauber to define them.
Next, I stained the buttons. The sewing spool was done the same way as the scissors, the red button is stained in aged mahogany and then inked around the edge with black soot ink. The green button was first stained in pine needles, dry and then evergreen bough, dry. ink around edges with black soot ink. The sewing spool was stained with pumice stone first by streaking it to form a grain, dry, and then go back overtop with frayed burlap in by streaking it on too. Dry. The long tab part is done the same as the sewing spool. Run pumice stone by streaking it on in a full line top to bottom. Dry. Then take frayed burlap and streak it in one full continuous stroke top to bottom and dry. This forms the nice wood grain effect. :) Then wrap some bakers twine around the spool. I fastened it to start with a mini staple and covered it when I wrapped the twine around. I glued the last little piece in place to hold.
Here is a sneak peek of the jumbo tattered florals from TH that I worked on as well, and colored using Lyndi stamp gangs sprays! They are awesome! :) I have no clue what I am going to do with the flower yet, but it'll be sitting there bringing me inspiration until I do. :)