Proudly Canadian

Proudly Canadian

Sunday, September 1, 2013

Soar...

Good day!  Decided to take this Sunday to play with my stuff before the craziness of the week starts.  I still had everything scattered on my dining table... oops... from when my gf was over crafting with me.  So, before I have to pack it all back into my craft room I thought I'd take today for me.  I did manage to get my grass cut and watered this morning though, so my day hasn't been a total waste.  :)  It's a beautiful day outside but I have no desire to leave my home today.  It's one of those days when I just need to be around just me.  So today I'll be a crafting hermit, and maybe a load of laundry or two in between.   So here is my first tag today:


So the first thing I did was color my tag.  I used Distress inks in milled lavender, spun sugar, iced spruce and broken china and randomly blended them onto the tag.  I lightly misted some water onto the tag so that the colors would get that splattery mottled look when the water reacts with the inks.  Unfortunately you can't see it in the photo.  Next I took the iced spruce and lightly blended it around the edges, and then back overtop of the edges with crushed olive.

The diamond I cut with Spellbinders Classic Diamonds nestablilities.  This die cut not only cuts but embosses the edges as well.  I colored the diamond with Distress inks in stormy sky and the edges in crushed olive. 

The leaves were cut from Sizzix by Stampin up, Sizzlits little leaves.  I cut three of them and colored them with Distress inks crushed olive and the edges with mowed lawn for some depth.  Because the leaves are so small and fragile, when I did the edges I used the very corner of the blending tool sponge and just pushed it inwards along the edges so as not to cover up the whole leaf from the previous ink color.  I took one of the negatives from the cut and used it to stencil some leaves with crushed olive onto the paper so that it would give it a layered look.

The sentiment Soar is from CTMH Live Out Loud stamp.  The rhinestones scrolls were added for a bit of texture and the black helps to ground the image and balance it with the sentiment.  I added a little K&Company dimensional Bee to the top of the rhinestone swirls.  And the Butterfly is from K&C as well.

I initially cut the diamond out from a tag and so now I have a left over tag with a diamond cut out.  So I need to find a way to create something with that tag.  I can't stand wasting product so time to get creative with tag #2.  :)   Hope to see you later! 

No comments:

Post a Comment