Proudly Canadian

Proudly Canadian

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Black Widow




Hi.  I love how this page came together.  I had no clue what direction I was going until it happened.  That is always so much fun.   I wish the pictures looked half as good as the page.  The camera phone does not capture the shimmer and depth of color at all.  I used Lyndi Stamp gang sprays on this page. 

Here is my newest art journal page.  :)



I gesso'd my page first so that the colors wouldn't bleed thru and destroy my previous page.  I used Wendy Vecchi embossing paste and some Crafter's Workshop stencils and  created some background  pattern on the paper.  Once dry I started to spray the pages.  I layered the colors several time to get the depth and color patterns.  The shimmer is amazing.  Once I had the colors down I was thinking a mermaid scene first, but then it looked like a satellite image from above and a treasure map came to mind.  I pulled out my Dusty Attic skulls and sprayed them with some Tattered Angels.  I found this iron on patch that I bought years ago and it was perfect.  I punched some hearts and colored them with Distress stains.  I used some stamps that I found at a dollar store years ago that had a skull theme to it.  Thought it might be useful to start using some of the things I had accumulated over the years.  LOL  I used some metal embellishments from Michael's.  The black lace flower on the skull patch has some mesh draping down the face like a veil.  Gives a bit of an ominous feel and that black widow look.  The caption below her reads, "Getting in trouble has never been so much fun."  LOL 




I hope you enjoy this page.  I had fun making it.  :)   Thanks for stopping in. 

Hugs...xoxo





 photo HSSignature-1.png

No comments:

Post a Comment