Proudly Canadian

Proudly Canadian

Saturday, December 7, 2013

Tim Holtz snowman

I'm back!  I managed to do another tag before shutting it down for the night.  I really like this one.  I used Tim's Alterations Snowman die again for this one.  I love the snowman.  First I got my tag ready.  I used Broken china, Tumbled glass and picket fence distress stains then used the corresponding inks around the edges to intensify the color.  I then stamped a Kaiser stamp called Rock with distress picket fence paint onto the tag once it was dry. 

The snowman was cut out of some plastic and I then used alcohol inks in two different blues and the white mixative and blended it onto the snowman.  Once dry I spread some liquid glass (or glossy accents) with my finger to cover the snowman and then sprinkled some clear glass beads overtop.  Once it dried I added a thick coat of liquid glass overtop and added more clear glass beads and left it to dry. 

 
 
 
I then cut a pine needle border with a thin metal die from Memory Box.  I colored the pine needles with distress inks in iced spruce, evergreen bough and peeled paint.   I put down a strip of glue along the side and attached the border. 
 
 
 I found a whole stash of Xmas elements that I forgot I had.  LOL  Oops.  So, I found these cute little pinecones and glued them down.  I attached a glitter bow to the snowman.
 
 
 
In my stash I found some white poinsettia's and cut them apart and glued them to the bottom corner and added some gold stickles for the centers. 
 
 
 
 
Hope you enjoyed this tag as much as I did.   I'm going to snuggle in front of my little fire and enjoy my tree for a bit before going to bed.   Goodnight!  :)  
 




No comments:

Post a Comment