Proudly Canadian

Proudly Canadian

Thursday, December 5, 2013

Christmas glitter

Wow... Where has the time gone since my last post?  So much has been going on and spending time in my craft room has really taken a back seat to life.  I finally was able to get into my room and do some playing and get something back onto my site.  I can't believe how fast Christmas is approaching.  Have you started your shopping yet?  Not me... have a feeling I'll be doing that last minute.  Ugh... 

So, as per my typical scrapbook hoarding problem that I have, I headed out when my favorite little store got in more new fun stuff!  I just can't help myself, but I did get some really fun stuff to work with.  It absolutely excites me. 

So for my first tag I made, I had purchased the Mini Toy soldier die and also the Festive dies as well from Tim's Alterations.  Years ago I bought a ton of colors in the Ritz Glitz microfine glitter powders and haven't done much with them since my glitter craze back then.  So I decided, thanks to CanadianNickel Scrapn and her task of using products she hadn't used in a while, I took them out and made myself use them.  I also had a die cut of a rounded window that I got from a friend and was never really sure what to do with it so I also decided to incorporate it into my tag. 


 
 
 
The background I used several of the Distress Inks and randomly blended them onto the tag with my blending tools and then splattered water droplets onto the tag to give it that unique watermarked effect.  Love that technique. I used a stamp from a Xmas stamp set I had not yet used and took the pine branches and randomly stamped them all over the tag.  The Glitter Ritz was applied by spreading some Liquid Glass (or Glossy Accents) over the parts you want and then the glitter is sprinkled over top, shake the excess off and move to the next color.  I used four different colors.  The pinecone, I did a zigzag effect with the glue across the die to give it that dimensional look and it turned out exactly how I wanted it to.  :)
 
 
 
 
 
The soldier was colored in with my alcohol markers and then I used Xmas Red Stickles for the glitter.  Here is my finished Toy Soldier tag using products that I had on hand but not used in ages or at all.  :)  Thanks Nicole for the inspiration to get into my stash of neglected goodies.  :)

 
 
 
My second tag is all new stuff that I just had to get into. I got the Tim Holtz birdcage and bird die while ago.  I had some holly dies left over from the festive die cuts I did for the last tag and wanted to use them on this tag.  Wasting is not allowed!  ;)  I got another new stamp of pine branches in the mail last week, cause I didn't realize that I already had a stamp on hand.  Oops!  However, it is quite a bit different than the one I had.  :)  I started off with a black tag and used a white pigment ink to add the pine branches all over the tag randomly.  I love Perfect Pearl mists and just purchased a super beautiful green that just screamed Christmas.  It's impossible to see just how deliciously shimmery the tag looked after spraying the mist over it. 
 
 
 
 
I used this amazing new embossing powder from Stampendous for the birdcage called Vintage Blue Glitter embossing powder.  The sparkle is amazing!  I really wish I could get it to show in the photos.  When the light reflects off of it looks like little sparkles of diamonds dancing in the light.  Stunning.  I'm in love.  The bird was embossed with a red glitter embossing powder and the wing was done with Distress Glitter in Barn Door and then I used Viva Old Gold metallic creams and rubbed it overtop of the glitter on the wing.  I also used the same Old Gold and brushed some onto the holly leaves as well.  The branches were stamped out from Martha Stewarts punch.
 
 
 
 
 
The candy cane is a stamp I had bought in the dollar stamp pile at Michael's.  I inked it in Barn door and then used my Glitter Gel pens to color overtop of the red just to give it a bit of shimmer.  The bow was colored in with a marker and Stickles for glitter overtop.  This whole tag is all about different textures, shimmers, glitters and sparkles.  I used Tim's wrinkle ribbon and dampened it with my water mister and used Distress stains in picket fence, peeled paint and barn door. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Thanks for checking out the newest of my Christmas tags.  I am trying to find a way to display all my winter and Christmas tags, but I'm stumped as to how or where to do that.  Hmmmm... need to put my thinking cap on a bit tighter!  ;)   
 
Here is a peak of my Xmas tree.  I love my tree! 
 
 

 
 

 





2 comments:

  1. These are beautiful Diane. Happy you got in your craft room. I can't get out of mine. I have the mini toy soldier... And the big one....and the stamp. They are so great. Love the glittery festive greenery. I was using this die yesterday on my Tim Tag. I can't find the clearly for art so I'm winging it too. I still don't have the bird cage. Can't wait to share with you the rustic lantern. It's your fault I bought it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My fault! LOL How is it my fault? LOL I saw your pile of lanterns. Looks like you have a plan. I saw a cute U tube video showing little lantern tealight holders that I wanna try to make at some point. :) I really wish I had bought the poinsettia die but when I went back it was all gone. :( I'm addicted to his dies now. I want so many of them, it's gonna break me. Oh well! My whole December tag will be an improvise with products. Should be interesting. LOL Can't wait to see what you come up with!

      Delete