Proudly Canadian

Proudly Canadian

Sunday, March 22, 2015

Taking advantage of the weekend!

Do you ever find that there just isn't enough time in the day or week to get everything done that needs to get done and still have time to play and have some fun?  Sometimes it feels like a catch 22 when you work so hard to be able to buy the stuff you want, like ohhhhh say.... craft supplies!!!, but then you are so tired and time is so limited to actually do the things you love.   I am finding myself being more aware of my busy schedule and planning ahead when I can to make that time so I can indulge in doing things that make me happy.  But you know, it's not just about making me happy, it is therapy.  Anyone, who suffers from depression even a little bit knows that they need to really work hard on keeping themselves in a happy space, and for me one of the things that really helps me is my art.  So, this past weekend was for exactly that and I had planned 2 days specifically for that purpose.  :)   Lets jump in and I'll show you what I was up to!  :)

Yesterday, I had a friend come over who wanted to try her hand at just spraying paper and having some fun.  LOL  Well, it didn't take long and she was having a blast with sprays, inks, stamps... LOL  While she played I worked on my stuff.  The first page I had started the night before after finishing my last blog entry and completed it yesterday.


I grabbed some of my Prima sprays and sprayed them over a gesso'd page.  I love how the sprays pitted over the gesso almost like the same effect you get with sprinkling salt over top.  I started off with some brown in the two corners but felt it need just a little something else so I went back over top and sprayed some purple.  Winner!  I found that the brown underneath helped tone down the brightness of the purple which was perfect.  


Next up... pick out some stamps.  Because of the pitting, it reminded me of underwater bubbles, so I choose the Dylusions stamp sets to create an underwater scene.  These sea creatures are so much fun!  

I wanted to use my pencils so that I would start using some mediums that I have shelved and not used in some time.  These pencils were one of those items.  My goal is to start using at least one thing that I haven't used in a while or at all per page.  We'll see how I do with that in the upcoming projects.  LOL  


Almost done.  I sprayed some paper and stamped the saying onto it, cut it out and sealed it down with some gel matte medium.  Next, I needed to add some white to the page to highlight they eyes and some bubbles.  I used a White Out pen for the fishies and a white charcoal pencil for the bubbles. I used a charcoal soft white so they bubbles were there but not so obviously that they looked the same as the white eyes of the fish.  I found the gel pen didn't want to write on the background.  Not sure why.  I also used some charcoal black to frame the words.  


And there we go.  My page is done.  I contemplated doing some shading within the seaweed but I didn't want to darken the page too much.  I may go back later and do that... not sure yet. Should I or shouldn't I, that is the question.  If I do, I'll add the revised photo below.   

Thanks for stopping by again.  Let me know if you think I should add more shading.  I'm really undecided on that.  :)   Have a great day and I'm off to add a few more photos on my next entry of time spent with my GF just playing and having some fun.  :)  

 photo HSSignature-1.png

1 comment:

  1. Love it! I have never used my prisma pencils over a painted background..... Awesome!

    ReplyDelete