Proudly Canadian

Proudly Canadian

Thursday, November 21, 2013

More Christmas Tags

I finally had a day where I didn't have to go to an appointment or leave the house for any reason so I made it my play day/jammie day.  I know... bad me, but I had the time, didn't have to see anyone, and could just do what I really wanted and that was do some crafting.  :)  This afternoon, I sat down and started with my Christmas theme tags again.  I used a variety of stamps sets I have kicking around, a Sizzix die and Tim's Alterations die, some holly chipboard I had on hand and the tags were some left over tags I had colored extra's of when doing the Creative Chemistry classes.  I didn't want to waste any of that wonderful yummy color on my craft sheet so I used extra tags to sop up that delicious color.  I had 2 that worked really well with the themes I had in my head.  Whoohoo...

The first one is my winter wonderland tag.  It's in crisp wintery blues.  The trees are Sizzix die cuts colored with distress inks in mowed green, peeled paint and vintage photo.  I used Aleene's glitter snow for the branches to simulate snow.  I applied it with a large bulby type of Qtip.  The snowman is from one of my many Xmas stamp sets, I think this one was an Inkidinkadoo set.   The flying reindeer is from another set I had and I embossed it with distress tea dye embossing powder for some texture.  And I added a few second generation snow flakes to the back ground.  :)

 
 
 
I really like my second tag.  It's using Tim's ornament dies.  I did a rough rustic texture on the bell using distress embossing powder in brushed corduroy after I painted it with distress tarnished brass paint.  After the embossing I inked around the edges in vintage photo.  The holly is a set of chip board from Antic Attics and I painted with distress paints and then added peeled paint distress glitter to add some bling!  :)  I used another sentiment stamp in amongst my large population of Xmas stamp sets I have and inked it with distress peeled paint ink.  

 
 
 
That's all folks!  I'm patiently waiting for my chicken wings to defrost so I can pop them into the oven to bake and have me a yummy supper and maybe throw in a movie tonight.  As I'm typing this I'm looking out my back window and watching the sunset go down... so beautiful.  I hope everyone else is having a wonderful day as well.  :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment