Proudly Canadian

Proudly Canadian

Saturday, February 1, 2014

12 tags of 2014 February

I can't believe Valentine's is almost here.  Where has the start of this year gone already?  I was so excited to see Tim's February tag this month.  I had to get creative because I don't have any of his new stuff that he is using for this tag.  So what to use for the hearts?  I had a hearts embossing folder.  Ok, so I embossed and then took my embossing pad and lightly coated the raised surface with the powder and heat set it.  Not bad... doable.  I don't have the mini hearts die so I found some heart chipboard cut outs I had and used my liquid glass and distress glitter on that.  I also didn't have any of his new stamps or much of anything that seemed romantic or Valentine like.  The first sentiment I used was a frame with the word Love in it from one of his sets but it didn't take the chalk well and seemed muddled looking.  So, I rummaged and found the sentiment that I did use.  Now I have to say, this is the first time I have heat embossed anything with the new Craft heat tool.  I'm so used to the smoking hot heat gun that I had previously and so I was a little frustrated with the first go around because it definitely doesn't heat as fast or intensely as the other one.  Took a bit of getting used to.  I also didn't have any arrows!  Oh man.... so into my stash of embellishments and I came up with a key to use.  Key to my heart!  That sounds like Valentines.  Next, the metal industrial border, nope don't have that either.  But, I had an embossing strip that says 'with Love' and so I decided to take some paper with some foil taped to it and emboss that.  I then added some distress paint in black, let it dry a bit then rubbed it in to antique it a bit.  Also, didn't have his ribbons...off to my stash and find something that suited the card.  Phew.... that was a challenge.  If our local store gets any of this stuff in, I'll buy it and make another one using some or as much of it as I can. 

Here is my February tag: 

 
 
 
 
Onto finishing my laundry and completing my chores that I set aside again this afternoon to play.  Shrug.... yehhhh I'm a bad girl.  BUT...on the upside I did get a fair amount done this morning before  sitting down to do the tags.  :)  So I guess I'm not horribly bad.  LOL 
 
Thanks for stopping in to see me and my stuff.  :)  I look forward to seeing what other's do with this months tag if they don't have the stuff like me.  Enjoy the rest of your weekends!   :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment