Proudly Canadian

Proudly Canadian

Monday, February 17, 2014

My journal album continued...

Oh my gosh... I'm so far behind.  I can't believe how far behind in my postings I have gotten.  Sorry, but I'm here.  :) On the upside, I'll have a number of different things to post over the next little while. :) 

Hubby is home and so I've been trying to sneak into my room while he's napping between my working and my online course I'm doing.  A bit of a challenge.  I went to a weekend scrapbook retreat a couple of weekends ago and I got some stuff done there, which is always a good time to actually get something accomplished with relatively minimal interruptions unless you stop what you're doing and go chit chatting with the ladies!  LOL  That does happens quite a bit at those retreats. 

So my next page in my chipboard album says, "I have reached a point in my life where I feel it is no longer necessary to try and impress anyone.  If they like me the way I am, GOOD, and if they don't, it is their loss."  It's kind of how I am feeling at this stage of my journey.  I need to be who I am and be happy with who I am.  I am imperfect and I am enough.  My whole life has been based around being a people pleaser and always doing what I thought everyone else expected of me, rather than just being me and pleasing myself every once in a while.  I know many women out there who are challenged in the same way.  This is part of my journey to becoming a better me for myself. 

So, this page continues working with MME paper Lost & Found.  I used Tim's alterations Eiffel tower die and cut it out on glittery glam black paper.  The little envelope is from Maya Road and I used distress ink vintage photo to distress is a bit.  The note is done on a CTMH Level 2 Journaling spot and also distressed with vintage photo. I added some pretty black lace to divide between the two papers I used, and added some awesome washi tape as well. 



The next page is about living the Here and Now.  I used a paper that had the Eiffel tower on it so it would correspond with the previous layout.  I used the Harlequin style stencil from Dylusions and softly stenciled with Pumice stone distress ink.  The camera in the top corner is a stamp from Deep Red.  The clock is Tim Holtz alterations die cut on the same glittery black paper from the previous page.  I adhered it to this stunningly beautiful burlap with lace overtop that I found at Michael's.  The lace was white and a little too white for the layout so I colored it with distress reinker in Fired brick and the water pen.  I took the same lace from the previous page and wrapped it around the clock.  I love this clock.  The pocket is from MME Lost & Found and the little mini tags are Recollections that I stamped sentiments on and tucked into the pocket. 

 
 
I  hope you enjoyed the next two pages.  I am so happy with this inspirational journal album.  It really has been an album of personal growth that ties in with many parts of the Brene' Brown course I am taking. 

Thanks for stopping in to see me!  I always appreciate the comments and love that you leave.  

No comments:

Post a Comment