Proudly Canadian

Proudly Canadian

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Springtime pleasures

Spring is on it's way, snow is melting away and temps are warming up little by little.  So what does that bring to your mind?  I think green, spring time blossoms, colors emerging.  So, these tags are inspired by the springtime feel I currently have. 

My first tag is done with a tag that I used left over stain from making a previous tag.  I stenciled a prima wood grain with walnut stain.   Then die cut using Alterations spring greenery from the Sizzlet die, and distress inked various colors...mowed grass, peeled paint, walnut stain, scattered straw and peacock feathers.  I had some sweet leopard print wired ribbon that I placed along the bottom.  I adhered the leaves and then applied a variety of different flowers and sizes and colors.  I then added some cute butterfly 3D stickers.  I finished off the tag with one of Tim's lace ribbons on top. 





 
The second tag is done with the Wendy Vecchi Archival reinker staining technique.  I used potting soil and orange blossom and gold mixative.  I cut out a Dienamics honeycomb and cut it up randomly and adhered it to the tag.  I made a fabric flower and splatter colored with Heidi Swapp sprays and added a CTMH metal flower embellishment.  I placed a pretty grey toned bling sticker as a flower stemmed base and then added my large flower and some small blossoms that started off as white and I tinted with Peach color Heidi Swapp spray.  I added some green Wendy Vecchi archival ink to the brown leaves I had and glued them in place.  I added some lace to the top and used my tiny attacher to hold it in place. 

 

 Thanks for stopping by.  Spring is in the air!  :) 

4 comments:

  1. These are beautiful! I love the Garden Greens die, one of my favourites from the new dies. Look at all these flowers! Looks like so,done could use the Jumbo Tattered Floral.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeh, I'm kind of leaning towards getting it! LOL You are a bad influence, in a good way! LOL

      Delete
  2. beautiful, flowers look familiar lol.:)

    ReplyDelete