Proudly Canadian

Proudly Canadian

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Thank you notes

Well, I haven't gotten around to restarting my Creative Chemistry 102 and it might be a bit longer before I can submerse myself into Tim Holtz greatness again.   This past year has been really difficult watching my Dad's failing health linger and though we were grateful to be able to spend so much extra time with him than what the Drs had predicted, we prayed continually that he be taken into a better place rid of the pain and suffering, especially in the last few months.  I decided to take the Creative Chemistry classes not just because I'm in love with Tim Holtz and his creations, but because I needed to give myself permission to do something for myself.  Just after graduating 101, and starting the first lesson of 102, my Dad passed, finally moving on to be with my Mom.  And so, as my thank you to all those who were there for us as a family, to help and support us, and for me to honor my Dad, I have decided to hand make all my thank you cards, and I did so using some of the techniques that I learnt.  Immersing myself into this task has been therapeutic for me, allowing me to spend time with myself and remember my Dad, no interruptions, no one trying to FIX me, just me and my Dad.  Here are the cards, the fruit of my labor to honor and respect my Dad who was by far one of the most giving, strong and brave man I have had the blessing to be a part of.  I love you Dad! 






I think because of the size of these thank you notes, I will be making my own envelopes as well.  I've never handmade an envelope before so I'm currently looking thru my cricut cartridges for cuts to help save me having to hand cut 66 envelopes.  I'm holding out hope that one of my amazing CTMH cartridges will be the winner.  However, if I can find a suitable size envelope at Staples or somewhere then I'll take that route.  Not sure how secure, handmade envelopes would be thru the mail service. 

Thank you for stopping by.  I know this post isn't as upbeat as my usual posts but I needed to share my love for my Dad. 

No comments:

Post a Comment