Proudly Canadian

Proudly Canadian

Friday, January 31, 2014

Believe

Alright, just one more before bed... ;) 

I used Wendy Vecchi's reinker/alcohol marbling technique with Cornflower blue and Fern green.  I finished the edges with the complimenting ink and a blending tool.  Pulled out a variety of different stencils and stamps.  The small honeycomb stencil is Studio 490 stencil, I love the small size of this stencil.  It's a nice change from the larger sizes out there.  I continued the same ink colors for the stencilling and stamping. 

Of course, I had to use one of the embossing pastes I purchased and decided on the translucent paste. I really wanted to see what this looked like.  I love it!  It went on white and as it dried it became translucent and very glossy looking.  So cool!  :)  I used Tim's stripes stencil. 

The Eiffel tower die cut is from Tim's Alterations dies.  I cut them out on glossy paper and then colored the Eiffel tower using Wendy's same marbling technique using reinkers in coffee, orange blossom and gold mixative.   I found it a bit too orange so I heat set it and then used coffee ink and a blending tool and deepened the color.   The Fleur de leis was done the same way with reinker Fern green and gold mixative. 

The sentiment is a Dylusion saying and stamped onto the backer paper that I save from Tim's stencil packaging.  It was the perfect glossy brown color.  I stamped the sentiment on with Coffee ink and heat set.  I cut the words to separate. 

Glue all the pieces in place. 



As much as I could do this all night long, I should get myself ready for bed.  Tomorrow will be a house cleaning day since I opted to not do it today.  LOL  I was so excited today because I managed to snag myself a proper office chair for my craft room.  My bulky dining room chair can finally go back to the table where it belongs.  I found this beautiful chrome and leather chair with roller feet for $30.  So thrilled!  :)  It's perfect!  It's always so cool when we can find such a great deal for our craft rooms.  Whoohoo.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment