Proudly Canadian

Proudly Canadian

Friday, January 31, 2014

Housework... Nahhhh....

Who wants to do housework when there is so much fun stuff laying around to play with?  My new motto is Perfection doesn't live here anymore, Joy does.  :)   And so, since a few of my plans didn't pan out as anticipated today I used that time to get creative. 

I mentioned in my last post that I was going to try my pigment inks from CTMH with the alcohol and see if I could get a nice vibrant effect like Wendy Vecchi does with her archival inks.  The answer was no.  :(  The CTMH pigment inks do not mix with alcohol and all it did was make a sticky mess on my craft sheet.  So that plan went right out the window.  Oh well...

Back to Wendy's inks.  I finally got the cornflower blue ink pad.  Yehhhh... now just waiting on some of the missing reinkers I need still and of course the new colors this year.  So can not wait to add to the color combo's.  :) 

My first tag I did using Tim Holtz distress reinkers, but I used a tag that I had previously gesso'd, and this gave the inks a really nice pastel look to them.  :)  I then used Archival inks and distress inks for the stencilling and the sentiment.  I cut out some greenery from the Sizzlets Alterations dies and made some adorable little flower bunches using my mini prima flowers that I've had in my stash for years. 

 
 
My next tag was done with Wendy Vecchi archival reinkers and ink pads.  I used some distress inks for some softer stencilling and added some water droplets to react with the distress inks.  I also used some more of my mini flowers.  I found a package of cute white roses but it was a little too white and so I misted it with a Perfect Pearls mist in Blue Patina.  I love the shimmery look it gave the flower.  The mini flowers I used TH antiqued mini brads for the centers.  The dress form is a TH Movers and Shapers die and I cut it out on glossy paper and then alcohol inked it with some gold mixative, caramel, orange, and light aqua. I then used a very small script stamp from Kaiser to stamp with archival black over top of the dress form.  The sentiment is from Dylusions.  I finished off the dress form with some baker's twine. 




My last tag I wanted to try my stash of Wendy Vecchi embossing pastes.  My craft store got in all the pastes.  So I stocked up with the gold, silver, translucent, and white.  I already had the black.  I decided to try the gold embossing paste.  :) 

I marbled my background with the reinkers and alcohol first.  Then I took the stone wall stencil and used the gold paste.  It was very shimmery.  So I then took some mini sponge daubers and used the archival inks and muddled the colors over the gold.  It toned down the gold but when the light hits it, it still has that gold shimmery goodness.  I set the ink with the heat tool and then used the potting soil ink and a blending tool and blended the color in between the stones to intensify the background.  I cut out the TH globe using his backer paper that comes in the TH stencil packages.  I like the brown glossy look of the paper.  I used Viva Gold creams in gold/brown, gold and hematite to create the antiqued metallic look of the globe and the water on the globe.  (I realized after the fact that geographically I missed the mark.  The blue and brown areas should be swapped... too late!  Oops.)  Still looks cool.  ;) I inked around the edges with archival black for some depth using a small dauber sponge.  I found some of Tim Holtz rubons... airplane, the finger point and the word observations.  And I also used some of his word sentiments.  I picked out the words to say Discover your Imperfection so that I could use this tag as part of my art journaling that I am doing for my Brene' Brown course.  I think it turned out really well. 




I hope you enjoy.  I premade a pile of background tags using the alcohol marbling technique from Wendy Vecchi.  They are ready to grab my attention and make something with them.  :) 

Love hearing from you so please leave me a note so I know you were here.  :)  Have a super weekend!!!  Luvs and hugs...

1 comment:

  1. These are awesome. Love the globe, looks so rusty! The texture is fabulous. And you other tag is making me hate winter. The flowers in the cornerif the tag is perfectly placed. Great tags.

    ReplyDelete