Proudly Canadian

Proudly Canadian

Monday, January 13, 2014

On the Wall...

Hi!  I've been wanting to post this page for a couple of days already but keep running out of time.  So here I am finally able to sit down and do this before crashing for the night.  :)  I start back to work tomorrow after being off work for a year.  My intentions are to give myself the time I need to do my crafts and not let work get in the way of doing what I enjoy.  :)  That's my story and I'm sticking to it!  I'll get back to you on that one in a few months.  LOL 

This page is the second page to my Mirror mirror... on the wall... and these pages are about looking at myself in the mirror and seeing, recognizing things about myself that give me worthiness, things that I like/love about myself.  Giving myself permission to feel good about myself.  Let me tell you, it's a lot harder than it sounds.  ;) 

This page is a pretty but a simple layout.  I picked out my background paper again to correspond with the previous page.  I mixed two papers together and some washi tape. 


Next, I took the same Crafter's workshop stencil and the black embossing paste that I absolutely LOVE and stenciled the pattern onto the paper. 


I picked out my paper pocket with 10 strips from CTMH to write my 10 things I love about me on. I took some Distress ink in antique linen and vintage photo and inked the antique linen around the folder and the tag strips and then followed with the vintage photo just on the very edges to give it a bit more depth and definition.  I found a MME Jadore paper notes that I attached to the front of the pocket.  I also, made 3 flags in different lengths and added some Ideology words to them.  And I made some more rosettes for this page using the same technique that I showed in the previous page.  :)


I made a fan flower, not sure if that is the official term for them, but they were simply a strip of paper that I scored every 1/4" and then folded in an accordion fashion and glued the ends together and then pressed down towards to inside for it to fold inwards and create the flower.  I'd only made one of these before in a class project I took from my CTMH club night and it worked!!!  Yehhh..... 


 
 
This was a difficult page to do, and not because the page was hard but having to look at myself and come up with 10 things to write on the 10 pieces of paper.  I got to about 5 and had to stop and start thinking.  Hmmmmm....  it's a lot harder than it sounds.  LOL  :) 

I can't wait to do my next page layout.  :)  Since this week is my first week in taking the Brene' Brown classes I'm going to use my weekly classes as my inspiration for my layouts.  :) 

OHHHHHH... and before I go I have to share that I got my Xmas present to me delivered today!   Here it is!!!....

 
 
Clap clap clap clap clap clap............ That's me being super excited.  :)   If I had a bit more confidence in myself I'd video tape me doing the happy dance, but I really don't think that I should traumatize anyone!  LOL  So, I'll just leave that up to your imaginations.  ;)  


No comments:

Post a Comment