Proudly Canadian

Proudly Canadian

Saturday, January 25, 2014

In my happy place...

Well this has been a really productive day!  I got my blog from yesterday done this morning and posted, finally took down my Xmas tree...(don't judge me...) LOL, did some laundry and cleaned the floors from all the glitter, and then even managed to do a couple more tags to show.  :) 

The techniques are basically the same as the other Wendy Vecchi reinker and alcohol marbling I did yesterday.  Used some different background stamps from Kaiser and Prima.  A TH diecut and stamps as well as a few distress inks for a softer effect overtop of some of the archivals and for distressing the edges.  :)  Been a blast.  

This one I used Tim's technique from CC102 by softening the stamped image with a dry clean sponge.  The image appears to just softly fade into the rest of the tag.  I love that look.  I also used some distress inks around the edges to bring some depth to the tag. 



This tag I marbled the wings as well but then I wanted them to stand out so I used two metallic creams from Viva Gold, in old gold and gold/brown to bring some dimension and depth to the wings.  The dress form was stamped with Archival black onto glossy paper and cut out, then distress inked in vintage photo and rusty hinge to color in the background. 
 
 
I can't wait to get the rest of the colors from Wendy Vecchi, plus the new ones coming out so I have more color choices to work with.  :)  I have all of the archival colors from CTMH so I'm going to experiment with some of them using the same techniques and see what comes of those colors and if they give the same great results.  They have some really great vibrant colors and some really nice pastel colors.  Can't wait to play with those and see what happens. :)  Stay tuned.  

Well, this has been fun!  I hope you enjoy your visits here and I'll be back with more soon.  Have a great night.  :)

1 comment:

  1. Ohhhh fantastic! That plane stamp is awesome. I wish I had that one one.

    ReplyDelete