So, the first thing I did was spray the tag with the Chalkboard glimmer mist in Mint Chocolate Chip. It seemed like a regular mist and really minty green. There was a fair amount of over spray on my craft sheet and I hate to waste so I thought I'd turn the tag over and pull it thru the over spray and get a full coverage on the tag since the misting didn't cover the whole surface space. Well.... how cool! Once I started to blot and pull the tag thru the spray that was on my craft sheet, the metallic in the spray really became noticeable. It was very mottled and marbled looking. Love the effect it gave. My camera does not really pick up the shimmered splotchy look.
Once the tag was dry I distress inked the edges in first Peeled Paint and brought the ink inward just a bit, I then went back overtop with Vintage photo and did the very edges. From here I pulled out my Tim Holtz Ultimate Grunge stamps and randomly stamped the grid in Wild Honey, the Month/Day/Yr in fired brick, and the numbers in Peeled Paint. I added a torn piece of Bazzill Paper tape Wayfarer and stamped a sentiment I had in my binder that says "The future belongs to those who believe in their dreams". I'm not sure who that stamp set was from. (I got organized a few years ago and took all my clear stamps and placed them in clear pocket folders and into a binder for easy access, but the downside to doing that was I took them all out of their original packaging and now I don't know who they were from or what the name of them are.) Sorry!
I then stamped Tim Holtz's blueprint clock onto a piece of white cardstock. I cut the edges with a jagged edged Fiskars and then used the distressing tool to really rough up the edges. I find cutting with the jagged scissors first really gives me a super rough edge that I like. I Distress inked the edges in Vintage photo and brought that inward a bit. Next, I used Clear rock candy crackle paint. Once the cracks were done and dry I used Distress stain Bundled Sage overtop of the cracks. I found it a bit too dark so I tried misting water on it and wiped the surface stain away. I also found by doing this the water seeped into the cracks and made the stain spread a bit but also lightened it every so slightly which I like the look of better. Phew... The piece now has a rough leather texture to it. I really like it. I glued it to the tag and added some antiqued gold brads to the three corners to finish it off.
I added a Gem Gear from 7 Gypsies. And then lastly, I took my black Micropen and a ruler and drew a line up from the clock with an arrow, and another line at the bottom with an arrow to mimic the blueprint measurements on the stamped image. Added my yarn to the top and my tag was done.
I hope you like. Thanks for stopping in to take a peak. :)