Proudly Canadian

Proudly Canadian

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Golden leaf

Boy did I have a blast today!  I hit our local scrapbook store and found me a load of goodies which got me inspired to make another tag for a friend.  I had intended on making a tag like this last week but didn't have anything in my stash that would have resulted in what I had in mind.  So, I found a few key items today and it brought my inspiration back to make the tag I had in my mind to begin with.  And since her passion is the outdoors, this will be perfect for her.   Here is the tag and how I made it...

 
 

 

First I sprayed my tag with a new spray I found, Art Anthology color Paprika.  I've never seen this line before and I had to buy one just to see what it was all about.  I love the color!  Once I dried the tag, I embossed with the cuttlebug Leaf folder.  I absolutely adore embossing.  To the raised image I used Distress ink Peeled Paint and the ink tool to bring out the leaves.  Then I used the Peeled Paint to distress the edges of the tag as well. 

I also bought today Viva Inka Gold in Old Gold and applied some of that to the leaves.  It really makes them stand out and shine.  The picture really does not do it justice.  So now the tag is colored, off to make the embellishments. 

I finally found the skeleton leaves that I have been feverishly searching for.  I laid the leaf onto my craft sheet and wanted to color it with my Krylon 18K gold leafing pen.  Worked ok, but it didn't really give me the depth of gold I wanted.  So, I took my new Inka Gold and rubbed some of that paste onto the leaf with a spatula, which filled in some of the meshy parts.  Once it was dried, I took my Krylon gold leaf pen and went back over top to really give it that Authentic Gold leaf look.  It turned out fabulously!!  I glued it to a piece of black cardstock that I used for a backdrop so the leaf would really stand out and shine.  I added some Inka Gold around the edges of the cardstock as well.  This tag is all about the gold. 

Next, I opened up my new Dusty Attic lock and key chipboard pieces and embossed them with Stampendous Aged black embossing enamel.  How awesome!  I love this embossing powder.  I have a silver powder on order and can't wait to get it!  Once the heat gun starts to do its thing it just turns to liquid and flecks of gold come out that you don't see in the granules.  Really cool!  I'm in love, and the texture it gives the pieces are amazing.  Love love love this stuff!  Once it cooled down, I took a little bit of the Inka gold again and rubbed it on the edges just to frame the piece. 

Lastly, I took some beautiful sage colored lace I found at the store today and ran some across the bottom of the tag and glued it in place.  I cut a small piece of cardstock to fit in between the lace border and sprayed it with Walnut Ink Eucalyptus, then once dry, again with Perfect Pearls shimmer mist in Heirloom gold.  I took my CTMH stamp set Fabulous You, Seasons and Nature saying Wonderful fabulous you and inked the cardstock in black. 

Now just assemble to the tag and it's done!  I again used my stash of frugal dollar store eyelash yarn and looped it thru the top to finish it off. 

Hope you enjoy!  Happy crafting!  :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment