Proudly Canadian

Proudly Canadian

Saturday, August 10, 2013

CTMH tag

OK, this will be my last post today I think.  I really should start thinking about getting supper going.  How easy it is to get carried away with the fun stuff isn't it?  I have this really great friend who sells CTMH and she does this once a month club were a bunch of us ladies get together to do projects, have fun, laugh and buy CTMH products.  She's been the primary reason I got started into scrapbooking years ago.  I've kind of fazed out of layouts and got into cards and now my fetish is tags!  But with all the grandkids popping up I really better get back into doing layouts again soon.  In the meantime.... TAGS it is!  :)  So, I wanted to do a tag for her just because she is such an amazing person and friend, but I also wanted to make sure that the tag was made with mostly the CTMH stuff I have purchased thru her.  So here we go, this is the tag I made and I'll let you know what I used to make it.  :)



I primarily use #8 size tags because I like the size of them.  It's rare that I deviate away from them.   So in this tag, I colored the background with a spray of Walnut Ink spray in Eucalyptus.  I sprayed it fairly lightly because these sprays can get really dark really fast.  So when it dried it was a soft sage green color.  I wanted it a bit more intense but waited till I had all the background stamping done and then added a bit more to intensify the color.  For the background stamps I used CTMH distressed backgrounds Flair with both the chicken wire and the fabric stamp.  I stamped the fabric stamp with Distress ink scattered straw in random places.  I then did the same with the chicken wire stamp in rusty hinge.  Now when I stamped these I did not use a block.  I just inked the stamp without the block and curled and rolled the stamp onto the paper so it was a bit more sporadic looking.   The I took the diamond stamp from CTMH Fabulous you Seasons and Nature set and stamped it with Distress ink vintage photo.   I used the blending tool and also inked the edges in vintage photo. 

The background tag is now done.  So off to do the individual pieces.  I cut 2 maple leafs using the Cuttlebug maple leaf die and embossing die and used some patterned paper I found in my stash.  I inked the leafs with Distress ink walnut stain around the edges and a bit overtop.   Then I stamped 2 images of the apples and branch from CTMH Sweet Life July Stamp of the month.  I colored both images using Distress inks and a water pen to get that water colored effect.  The apple was done in fired brick and aged mahogany for shading, the leaves were peeled paint and forest moss for shading, and the branch was vintage photo.  Once dry, I cut them both out and tried to cut them the same way because I was going to overlap them for a dimensional look.  I then too Distress ink scattered straw and lightly color washed the inside white areas.  Again once dry, I used dimensional pop up dots to layer the two images together.  The reason I colored both images is because with the pop up dots you can see the image below and you'll want that to be colored as well.  I also stamped the sentiment onto some patterned cardstock and cut it out, distressed the edges with a distressing tool and inked the edges in Walnut stain.  Time to assemble and glue it all into place.    I added some of my wonderfully frugal eyelash yarn again and TA-DAH... A tag made for my special scrapbook friend/enabler! 

1 comment:

  1. Diane I am so very blessed to have you as my friend and so glad that scrapbooking brought us together. You have brought gr
    atful and happy tears reading this. You are so talented and i cherish all the times we share:)

    ReplyDelete