Proudly Canadian

Proudly Canadian

Sunday, August 18, 2013

Happiness

I just made a super simple tag today.  I figured they don't always have to be elaborate with embellishments and what not's.  This just felt like it needed to be a simple pretty tag.  And I love it!  I used CTMH stamps and some inks to make this tag. 



I had a tag that I used all the extra overspray from my last tag, using Tattered Angels Black Magic and Smooch white.  The tag was a light colored silvery tone.  I wasn't really feeling it so since I am so in love with the new Chalkboard shimmer mist in Mint Chocolate Chip that I bought I sprayed some of that directly onto my craft sheet and took my silvery tag and pressed it down into the spray and moved it around, picked it up and laid it back in picking up all the Minty goodness that was on my craft sheet.  You can kind of see in the photo the metallic marbling that this spray leaves behind, but you don't get this look by just misting directly onto the paper.  You have to move it around to get the marbling effect which I am absolutely loving! 

I then went hunting thru my CTMH folders to find the stamp set that spoke to me today.  And I came across one from a few years ago that I love called Treasure Life.  I also rummaged thru my older CTMH ink pads and found Grey Flannel, Garden Green and New England Ivy that I thought would work well with the background color.  I did random plant patterns starting with the grey flannel, then garden green, then to the darkest New England ivy layering the images.  I did the sentiment in Black.

And that be all.  :)  No embellishments, no embossing, no gluing, just stamping!  And I think it is beautiful!  Have a great day and maybe I'll work on another one...

No comments:

Post a Comment