Proudly Canadian

Proudly Canadian

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Butterflies

Been awhile since I was able to do a tag.  I had to make a small trip and unfortunately playing was not a part of that plan.  So, I'm back and made a few.  This tag was just on a whim, no plan, no idea of what I was going to do so I just was flying by the seat of my pants at each step and I actually quite like the end result. 



So, first I colored the tag with my chalkboard shimmer sprays.  I used Admiral first and covered the tag and then took Concord and sprayed it onto my craft mat and pressed the tag into it.  The concord didn't change the color a whole lot but it gave it a slightly different look than just the Admiral alone.  I liked the finish.  Once dry, I took Distress Ink Chipped sapphire and inked the edges.

I then took my Distress Crackle paint in Black Soot and did a swipe randomly on the tag.  Once it started to dry and crack I took my little blow dryer to speed up the drying and cracking.  I find it works quite well.  I don't use my heat gun cause that just heats it up too fast I find.  The black crackle paint is difficult to see the fine cracks so I used the Distress stain Silver and smooshed some overtop and used my finger to rub it in and around the edges for some highlight.  It's hard to see in the picture but when the light hits it you are able to see the texture of the cracks better and the silver gives it a bit of shimmer. 

Next I stamped Tim Holtz heartfelt stamp with embossing ink and heat embossed Stampendous Aged silver embossing enamel.  I love this stuff!!!   The butterflies and the little flower are Forever in Time accents. 

Onto my next one!  :)   <3

No comments:

Post a Comment