Proudly Canadian

Proudly Canadian

Friday, August 30, 2013

Make every moment count

Wow,  today has been a busy day making tags!  Love it.  I had my GF come over for a few hours and we played, stamped, colored, cut for a few hours.  I was pretty proud of myself and managed to make 5 tags this afternoon!  I love making tags but when you get to create in the company of great friends, then it just makes the afternoon a complete wonderful time.  This first tag is Tim inspired even though it's not using all of his products.  I have to make use of what I have cause I don't have all his stuff, so I used what I had but the look resembles his style.  My GF loved this one and wanted me to make her one too!  So I guess I made 6 today.  ;)   Well here is the first tag:


Firstly, I inked the tag with Distress Inks in Aged Mohogany, Spiced Marmalade, and Scatterd straw. 

Next, I used a brick stencil from Crafters Workshop design by Jamie Echt, and in Distress Ink Vintage photo.  I also used Vintage photo to distress the edges around the tag. 

I then used another stencil from Jamie Echt, mini tile texture using Distress Ink Crushed Olive. 

I stamped the face image from Tim Holtz Stampers Anonomyous Classic faves #5.  I distress inked the image with Old Paper and Scattered straw.  And affixed it to the top of the tag. 

I have this awesome stamp set from Hero Arts with a beautiful clock face and sentiments.  I added the clock image in Black and then also heat embossed the sentiment with Distress embossing powder in Walnut stain. 

The telephone booth and the coin were embellishments from Recollections.  Gives the tag that vintage Tim Holtz look.   I added TH trinket pin to the yarn up top. 

I am in love with this tag.   So now, onto the next one I made...  :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment