Proudly Canadian

Proudly Canadian

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Just a note

Well, again.  Another tag that I had no clue what I was going to do.  I just started grabbing stuff from my stash and threw it together.  I have to admit that this one I wasn't feeling at first.  I got about half way thru and though... ich... Not liking this tag at all.  But, I just kept working with it and in the end, I don't mind it at all.  Funny how that works.   Here it is: 

 
 
I colored this tag with the Chalkboard shimmer spray in Concord.  Once dry I used Distress Ink Dusty Concord and inked around the edges and overtop the tag a bit where the spray didn't cover completely.  I then took my water mister and lightly added some drops of water to the tag to give it a speckly look.  With all the dampness the tag started to get that grungy crinkly kind of look and so instead of letting it completely dry I used Distress ink Chipped Sapphire and ran it along the edges and overtop of some of the wrinkles on the tag. 
 
Next I used Jamie Echt 6x6 stencil Mini tile texture and Distress ink Chipped Sapphire to create a background look.   I found this image of this vintage typewriter on Pinterest and printed it out.  I scaled it down to the size I wanted.  The black and white image was a bit too sharp for me so I sprayed some Perfect Pearls heirloom gold shimmer mist overtop to tone it down.  I cut a slit with my Exacto knife where paper would be and ran a bit of scripted washi tape thru the slit to mimic paper.  I added a little Idea-ology mini paper clip to the washi paper. 
 
I pulled out one of my stampendous clear stamp sets Vintage typewriter and used the Just a Note stamp.  I stamped it with clear embossing ink and heat embossed with Stampendous Aged Black embossing enamel.  As an after thought, I think I would have preferred to used the Distress embossing powders.  The embossing enamel just ran a bit too much and blurred the words.  Oh well... next time!  LOL 
 
I finished off the tag with some black script washi tape, an idea-ology pen nib, and lastly my black micropen and a ruler to draw a few lines along the side and bottom.  And that's all folks... 
 
 
I hope you like looking at them as much as I enjoy making them.  Thanks for popping in to see me.  I hope you'll leave me a note so I know you were here.  :)  Night!  

No comments:

Post a Comment