Proudly Canadian

Proudly Canadian

Friday, August 30, 2013

Songbird

Almost done posting... this one and one more!  Good thing, my eyes are starting to cross a bit.  LOL  I think blogging them is more tiring than creating them.  :)  This one is another really simple tag.   The hardest part was making the pinecone, at least for me that was the hardest part. 



To start I used Distress inks to color the background.  I used Fired brick, crushed olive, spiced marmalade, scattered straw.  I randomly worked the color onto the tag and blended them together with the blending tools.  Next, I took a letter stencil from Crafter's Workshop by Jamie Echt and laid the stencil onto the outside left portion of the tag and taped it down so it wouldn't move around when I inked overtop of it.  I inked with Fired brick again. 

Next, I cut out the bird and branch using Tim Holtz's Alterations die cut.  I cut out a blue mini polka dot pattern paper and then inked overtop to color the areas I wanted to change the look.  I used Walnut stain on the branch and crushed olive and old paper on the bird.  I glued it to the tag. 

I then stamped the sentiment from CTMH Hello Tweety onto some white cardstock.  I roughly cut around it and inked with old paper.  I stamped the chain onto the tag so it looks like it's hanging from the top.  I added the sentiment with a pop dot. 

I then used Recollections flowers and prima flower leaves and laid them where I wanted them.    I cut the pinecone from Tim Holtz's tattered pinecone die cut and rolled it into shape and glued it to hold it together.  This took a bit longer than normal because I think it was from using Tim's Kraft Glassine paper which has a waxy finish to it.  I didn't use my hot glue gun, instead I used Liquid glass and so I had to hold it for a bit before the glue took hold and held the pinecone together without unraveling. 

Next, I glued all the parts down and added a little Recollections embezzled bling that has a topaz color to it that just seemed to suit the branch and pinecone color scheme. 

One more to go and then I think a hot bath is in order and bed.  What a productive day!!!  And I was so glad to be able to enjoy my time with my GF today!  We really don't get to spend a lot of crafting time together and so today was such a great time doing what we both love.  I am so blessed to have her as one of my dearest friends!   Thanks for sharing your afternoon with me Sherry!  xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment