Proudly Canadian

Proudly Canadian

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Buzzy bee

Hi all.  I didn't have a lot of time but wanted to do some playing so I did a couple of really simple tags.  Nothing with lots of techniques, mostly just paper crafting. 



I used a #8 black manila tag.  I took some MME paper that I had different patterns and tore them into the pieces I wanted to use.  Next I took Heidi Swap honeycomb stencil and Distress Paint in Wild Honey and painted in the pattern.  I took some scrap cardstock and used CTMH Honeycomb Flair stamps and stamped some of the octagons in Scattered Straw, Wild Honey and Rusty Hinge combinations.  I cut them out and attached them with pop up dots to give some raised dimension.  Then I place the paper pieces where I wanted them.  I grundged the edges with Distress inks Wild Honey.  Glued them down.  I took some flower embellishments and leaves, colored them with Distress inks and glued them down.  The Bee is a sticker embellishment from the Naturals canvas from Michaels and I used the Distress inks in Scattered straw and Wild Honey to color it with a water pen.  And finished!  Easy peasy.  But cute!  :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment